lunedì 15 marzo 2010

Thank Goodness for Siena, Dr. Suess Style

A month plus in Siena we all have been
Even with the snow, sleet, and rain, we wear nothing but a grin
For when the acceptance letter arrived via email
We all desperately hoped this trip would not be a fail
Now eleven of us are here for the long haul
Ten girls from all over, and Patrizio the Protector, who we all call
Who knew this group would mesh so well
For if we didn’t, this could have been the semester from hell
Scavenger hunts, classes and late nights out on the town
Cars, Taxis, Trains? No, in Siena walking is how we get around!
Many debated between studying here and Firenze
But thank goodness for Siena, is all I have to say
After spending 4 days and 3 nights in the big city
Each time I return to Siena, it makes me giddy
The moment I step off the bus and I breathe the fresh Tuscan air
The bustle and hustle of travel is gone, and I’m left without a care
Between the Americans, tourists and pickpocketers alike
I feel like I have to enter Florence, ready for a fight
Don’t get me wrong, I love all the museums and art
But nothing beats the hills, old ladies and frittelle cart!

Tiernan Cutler
CET Siena, Spring 2010

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento